Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report Specialists
For over 17 years, Brooks Financial Strategies has provided the most reliable cost reporting services in the industry. We often work with financial accountants or CPA’s who complete the year-end financial statements for your agency. These annual financial statements are then used to complete the Medicare or Medicaid cost report. We also work with healthcare providers to analyze costs per visit, revenue per visit, and break-even points. We compare healthcare agencies like yours to national state averages including nursing costs, therapy costs, administrative salaries, and net income.
Each year Brooks Financial Strategies files Medicare and Medicaid cost reports for more than 150 clients nationwide. We understand the attention to detail necessary for properly filing a cost report. If a cost report is filed incorrectly, Medicare will stop future payments until the cost report is successfully filed. Mistakes are costly. Of the thousands of cost reports delivered from our firm, Brooks Financial Strategies has never misfiled a cost report.
We file Medicare Cost Reports for healthcare agencies Nationwide. Our clients include:
- Home Healthcare Agencies (HHA)
- Hospice Agencies
- Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)
- Renal Dialysis
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
- Rural Health Clinic (RHC)
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC)
- Physician Groups
Brooks Financial Strategies has worked with the following Medicare intermediaries:
- Palmetto GBA
- BC/BS of Illinois
- National Government Services WI
- Wellmark, Iowa
- Cahaba, Louisiana
- Trail Blazers, Texas
Latest Reminder Notification from CMS
Medicare Cost Report – Redesigned PS&R Access.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) designed and implemented a new Provider Statistical and Reimbursement (PS&R) system. The new PS&R system is web-based and allows all users to access data specific to their organization. CMS will NO LONGER send hard copy PS&R reports, and you must have a PS&R to file a Medicare cost report.
To access your PS&R, your must first register for a user ID and password with Individuals Authorized to Access CMS Computer Services (IACS).
To complete this registration, you must:
- Register on the CMS website
- Retrieve the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a copy of CP5-75, Letter 14C, Federal Tax Coupon 8109A or a copy on IRS letter head, your business name and tax ID. All letters must have the REQ number listed on top.
- Send your letter and documents via US Certified/Registered Mail because of PO Box delivery to:
External User Services,
PO Box 792-750,
San Antonio, TX 78216